DBA question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BBL, Jun 16, 2007.

  1. BBL

    BBL LawnSite Member
    Messages: 48

  2. Grass Happens

    Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 682

    In IL, you only need the DBA form from the court house and to place an annocement in a paper. If you are planning to have a payroll, and its over a certain amount, then you need the FEIN, but if its just you, you dont need to worry about it.
  3. BBL

    BBL LawnSite Member
    Messages: 48

    It's just going to be me going solo for a while so I can wait on the FEIN then. Do you happen to know what the system ID is for? I am not sure if it's just a Michigan thing or what, but I am not sure what that even is. I am guessing I can wait on that until I get employees also? :confused:
  4. 69lt1bird

    69lt1bird LawnSite Member
    Messages: 13

    Just go to the county clerks office in the county you want to do business in and tell them you want a DBA. They will have you fill out the paper work and they run the name you want through the system to see if it is taken. If your name is available, hand them $10.00 and you good to go for 5 years. I see you are in Oakland county, I am in Lapeer county, the process should be the same.

Share This Page