1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

DC mowing deck belt problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by youcallwemow, Oct 25, 2007.

1. youcallwemow

youcallwemow LawnSite Member

My 2 year old Dixie Chopper mowing performance has dropped off drastically. Recently, I noticed the mowing belt has multiple cracks, plus pieces of it were missing, operating only with a small part of the main string backing holding it together. It still mowed, fine I thought. I changed the belt, but now the belt comes off frequently, the blades bog down at the least bit of tall grass that I try to mow. The nearest dealer is no help either. This is the third belt I've had on the mower in two seasons. Is that unusual? I have just over 300 hours on the mower. Is there a diagram anywhere besides the little cheap owners manual they give out when you buy it that looks like it came off a copying machine? Those instructions are as helpful as a spoon in a row boat.

2. NAT

NAT LawnSite Member
    from Zone 7

Sounds like you put the belt on two tight ,is the motor ok,spindle's?Go to the dixie website ,they help alot with thing's.