1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Deal on exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ssouth, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Found a 1998 48" Emark walkbehind with floating deck and new 15hp kaw. for $1500. The mower appears to be in very good shape. Has original tires that still look new. Already has mulch kit installed and new motor has a new warranty. Is this a decent, good, or great deal?

2. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds to good to be true I would take it quick.

3. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I'd drive to alabama and buy it myself it I had the dough! SNATCH THAT UP!

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, if I send you $1500, will you send it to me?! That's a great deal. Hydro or not, that's still a good deal. Buy it so you're not kicking yourself down the road.

5. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Thany you guys, I don't have any experience with the walk behinds, but have been interested in purchasing one. Think I'll go get it tommorrow. As always I appreciate the advice.

6. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 99 Exmark hydro 48" that I bought new in 99. I paid $3500.00 for it. Your deal sounds very good to me. Good luck.

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I'd be wondering why a 98 machine needed a new motor?

8. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

darrly, not to be mean, so please don't take it that way, but think of it as getting a new mower with alittle bit of body wear and tear, for a price that can't be beat, the machine he is talking about is a 98 metro hp it should have the 17kal engine on it, but the 15kol, will run it with easly, it already has the mulching kit thats worth about $150-$180 depending on your area, new engine with warrenty, big bonus, it still might have a warrebty on the tran. but not sure, should matter really you got the machine for a great price. i sold my 97 metro 48" 15kol, non floating deck for 1.5K it was in great shape under 300 hors on it with the mulch kit, the exmark bag, and 3 sets of blades that will last the guy a month or 2, not a thing wrong with it. he loves it i seen him the other day, and told him to stop down and b/s when he has time and i'm home. hasn't yet but he said he's been real busy (just starting out) and i told him i was to but if he drove by and i was here to stop. hasn't yet but he will soon, real nice guy.

9. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Man, I would jump on that deal in a heartbeat.

Who cares about what happened to the old engine... its "history". Gone. :D

A brand new 15 Kohler w/warranty? HELL YEAH!

If the mechanicals all check out...jump on it.

10. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i think if I had that money laying around, i'd be takin' a little trip up I-65 to grab that from under you!!!!!
    BUT i don't so don't worry!!!!!:D :D