Deal or No Deal? 2001 Cub Cadet Tank

LaLawnGuy

LawnSite Member
1000, maybe. Not trying to burst your bubble, but its 11 years old with 80% or more of its usable life gone. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't make any offer on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
1000, maybe. Not trying to burst your bubble, but its 11 years old with 80% or more of its usable life gone. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't make any offer on it.
You're only thinking that mower will go to 1750 hours? I'm thinking more along the lines of at least 3000 hours if it's been taken care of.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy that mower for an instant. Age doesn't really come into it unless the parts become hard to get. The only parts on the mower that are affected by age is the wiring and the rubber parts. If it's been garage kept the wiring should have much, much more life in it. There isn't much in the way of rubber on it outside of the tires and fuel lines. Both are cheap and easy to replace.

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
You're only thinking that mower will go to 1750 hours? I'm thinking more along the lines of at least 3000 hours if it's been taken care of.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy that mower for an instant. Age doesn't really come into it unless the parts become hard to get. The only parts on the mower that are affected by age is the wiring and the rubber parts. If it's been garage kept the wiring should have much, much more life in it. There isn't much in the way of rubber on it outside of the tires and fuel lines. Both are cheap and easy to replace.
With that said, it's still a Cub Cadet.

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
Wise choice. While the Tank cuts grass, it's not the best mower out there.

Tim White

LawnSite Member
Always so many negatives about Cub Tanks, have you operated one? Didnt think so. 10 years running Tanks and I personally will buy again when its time. Then again I have never run an Exmark so I guess they are junk!

MJB

LawnSite Silver Member
Check it out if well maintained buy it.That a good price and will last another 1000 to 1500 hrs, plus it cuts well. I run older well maintained mowers , you could make back that 2 grand in 2 weeks easy with that mower.