Separate names with a comma.
Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.
Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mykster, Apr 13, 2002.
What kind of extra service has a dealer given you, other than lower prices to earn your business?
My dealer will stop and fix my machines on the trailer also if there is something or if he is just snowed under he gives me a loaner and calls me when my machine is ready!
My local dealer (Giant Oak Power Equipment) will basically stop what their doing to help me. I am not a big company, but they try to help me out as much as they can. Two years ago I brought
in a 15 year old push mower with a broken wheel, a brand they do not carry, and they searched through their shop for the bolts needed to get the mower going again. And they refused to charge me. Another local dealer simply said: "We don't carry that brand, we can't help you". Having a good local dealer can really help your business.
And on top of it all, my local dealer has good prices!!
1. Does not call us when parts are in.
2. Does not call us when repairs are completed.
3. Does not offer loaner machines.
4. Does not offer Demo machines.
5. Does not try to assist in any way other than asking what part we need, and then getting it off the shelf.
6. Will not have parts shipped overnight.
7. Tries to sell the most profitable piece of equipment regardless of whether it fits our needs or not.
8. Does not say hello, goodbye, or thank you...