• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

dear customer.........letter

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
my contracts have due dates, they have penalties and interest /late fees. BUT, i don't want late fees or interest, i just want my money on time. here is a letter we enclosed in our billing for late payers, tell me what u think: dear valued customer, just a brief explanation of billing procedures: your bill will be sent on the 15th of each month, for all services provided during that month. payments are due by the last day of the same month. please make every effort to honor our due dates. thank you in advance for your cooperation.

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
sounds nice. I would add, "if you can not honor our due date, services will not be completed or continued until paid in full."

Turfdude

LawnSite Bronze Member
Bobby,
Just a suggestion, add the word anticipated prior to cooperation.
thank you in advance for your cooperation

olderthandirt

LawnSite Platinum Member
"please make every effort to honor our due dates" Or I will hunt you down and make you pay like the worthless lying cheating dog you are. More to the point

Mac

dishboy

LawnSite Fanatic
Originally posted by tiedeman
sounds nice. I would add, "if you can not honor our due date, services will not be completed or continued until paid in full."

I would not do that, people are sometimes busy and I don't want to lose money from a customer who always pays [sometimes late] because of it.

If you make it inconvenient for them to do business they might go somewhere else. Grace goes both ways in long term customer relations IMO