1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Debating on a Gravely PT 152 or Scag Tiger cat 52"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Mownmachine144, Jul 19, 2019.

?

Debating between Gravely and a Scag

1. Gravely PT 152

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Scag Tiger Cat II

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144 LawnSite Senior Member

I will be in the market for a 52" zero turn around maybe September depending on how good income increases. I am familiar with gravely, so far I'm really liking what I've got from them but.. I need to cover more ground For those bigger property's. The 34 is awesome for small property's with gates. Not for wide open bigger areas. I have a really good relationship with my gravely dealer that also carries Scag. I've looked at the Tiger cat II. It looks nice, I haven't tested either one of them out yet.

Help is well appreciated.

2. OP
    OP
    Mownmachine144

Im considering getting a used unit with around 100 to 260hrs on it.
    But if I don't find a used one then I'll just get a new unit. Budget is around 8,500 or less. Hoping for less but worse come to worse I'll just get the new one like in October.

IMG_1370.PNG

IMG_1371.PNG

3. OP
    OP
    Mownmachine144

4. OP
    OP
    Mownmachine144

Surely we got some Scag and gravely owner's up in here.

5. Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Tiger Cat II and have no regrets. I like it.

Cam15 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Mownmachine144

Any gravely owners out here!? Anymore Scag owners!?

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

You may want to consider just going to a 60" deck.
    Also, with the Tiger Cat, you will get the superior deck. If you go 200 or 400 series Gravely, you get a large frame machine as compared to a compact frame TC. But the 100 series Gravely is also small frame. To me, no question, go TC.

8. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought the TCII at the beginning of this season. Has the 61" deck, 26hp Kawi. Plenty of power.
    I would not spend $8,500 on a used one, when you can get a new one for around $8,800, with a full warranty. (Scag's warranty is only good for the original owner)
    Love the TCII and I came from a Cheetah. No regrets

Cam15 likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Mownmachine144

I didn't mean I was going to buy a used mower for 8,500!:laugh:. If I had to spend that much money for one it would definitely be New.

Cam15 likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Mownmachine144

For the stuff I do I don't really have the need for a 60" but not to say I won't get one. My only concern with that is will I still have enough space to be able to walk in there? I have a 7x16 enclosed trailer.