Lawn Care Forum banner

Debris Loader

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  thom 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Looking at purchasing a debris loader to set up for fall this year. Leaning towards the Billy Goat DL29 or DL37 (If I am going to do this, might as well go big end)

I'm in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and we get a lot of rain! I mean a lot of rain! So the biggest concern for me is wet leaves

I have watched just about every YouTube video there is out with “wet leaves”. But I haven’t seen any videos while actually raining.

The other area of concern is wet compacted leaves. We have jobs where we plow leaves from hard access areas to points where the truck can pull along side for loading. Which can really compact wet leaves.

I guess the biggest question does anyone have videos or experience sucking through piles of compacted leaves?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I had a 16HP BG and it did fine for dry leaves but was really slow with wet ones. So yeah, go as big as you can if you have wet conditions. I usually fed my loader with either an 18 inch "garden rake" or 24 inch aluminum landscape rake with the nozzle laying on the ground. I prefer it over holding the nozzle and moving it around. I find it less tiring, I can feed at the perfect rate and pick out any sticks while I'm at it.

So to answer you question, just break up the compacted leaves with a rake. Yeah, it's doable and the time you same pushing the leaves will be worth the extra effort in picking them up.

#3 ·
Hi all,

Looking at purchasing a debris loader to set up for fall this year. Leaning towards the Billy Goat DL29 or DL37 (If I am going to do this, might as well go big end)

I'm in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and we get a lot of rain! I mean a lot of rain! So the biggest concern for me is wet leaves

I have watched just about every YouTube video there is out with "wet leaves". But I haven't seen any videos while actually raining.

The other area of concern is wet compacted leaves. We have jobs where we plow leaves from hard access areas to points where the truck can pull along side for loading. Which can really compact wet leaves.

I guess the biggest question does anyone have videos or experience sucking through piles of compacted leaves?

Thanks in advance.
What are presently using to do this job??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.