Decision on Aerator is hard!!! HELP!!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Chris S 1188, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Chris S 1188

Chris S 1188 LawnSite Member

I have the opportunity to purchase 3 different aerators (all SourceOne plugr’s). The first is the PL845VS and it’s $1,000, but it was an old rental. Looks to be in ok shape but it’s a 22 hour drive round trip to pick it up. The next is a 6 hour RT drive for a PL835SS. It looks like it’s in great shape but it’s not variable speed and it’s the same amount of money $1,000. The drive time is significantly less though. Then there is the barely used PL800 which Is an hour RT away. It is also $1,000. So my question iszzz is, are any of the above aerators worth the drive and cash more so than the others? Oh also there is a LawnAire 5 ($700) and LawnAire 28 ($950) both about 12 hour RT away. Thanks in advance

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Look at Stingers dual hydro WB first

SamSchlotz likes this.
  3. Chris S 1188

Is love a stinger but we are talking about choosing between aerators that are $1,000 or less. A stinger is a bit pricey for me. Thanks for the suggestion though

4. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Silver Member

Like new closer and same price seems simple to me.

5. Chris S 1188

But I’ll be sacrificing features like g speed settings. So is it smart to sacrifice my time in driving to go get it in order to possibly save time throughout the aeratn

6. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Get the best machine for your purposes. The travel is a one time occurrence. Otherwise, you will always wished..........

7. 71GTX

71GTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT.

I run the PL800H great hole puncher, although with no hydro expect bulldogging on hills.With only 8 tines replacement is simple, however dual belt replacement requires removal of the crankshaft.

JFGLN likes this.