Decisions, Looking for a new mower & trailer

OP
Steve

Steve

LawnSite Bronze Member
How deep is your garage Steve? I didn't think I could fit 22' into my garage but found an extra couple feet after doing some rearranging
15'-16' so that will leave room for the tongue on a 12'

K c m

LawnSite Silver Member
Hey steve. Have you considered an enclosed 6x12. You can get a 21" push, and 36" stander side by side in the front. then either a 52 or or 48 behind it. I have had mine since 2000 and it still is my main mowing rig.
I like that it keeps my gear safe at night and also out of the rain.

OP
Steve

Steve

LawnSite Bronze Member
I've thought about it, but not too much. I've been more focused on open. but since you said that, I might.

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
Get as wide as you can fit in the garage. With a 7 foot wide trailer ( about 81" on the inside), a 48" mower that will be around 49" wide on the outside, you can put a 32" piece of equipment ( mower,aerator or seeder next to it at least for overnight storage.

And as others have said double axel.

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
I've thought about it, but not too much. I've been more focused on open. but since you said that, I might.
The HOA might complain. Check your Docs.

OP
Steve

Steve

LawnSite Bronze Member
Update on trailer. I measured my garage from wall to door and I have right at 18', I'm waiting for him to get me total width cause I need to leave room for the wife's car so I mean if anything we'll compromise and I'll go with smaller trailer, lol. The trailer is 7x14 picture attached. The guy says he will knock off $100 since I will have to buy paint and it's well within my budget especially if I need to buy a 52" with cash.
IMG_0270.jpg
IMG_0271.jpg

unkownfl

LawnSite Platinum Member
Update on trailer. I measured my garage from wall to door and I have right at 18', I'm waiting for him to get me total width cause I need to leave room for the wife's car so I mean if anything we'll compromise and I'll go with smaller trailer, lol. The trailer is 7x14 picture attached. The guy says he will knock off $100 since I will have to buy paint and it's well within my budget especially if I need to buy a 52" with cash. View attachment 359706 View attachment 359707
That trailer is well built. If the single axle ever gives you problem upgrades it to a 6 lug or 8 lug. You will over load that axle easily as that is a beast of a trailer frame.

13Razorbackfan

LawnSite Silver Member
That trailer is well built. If the single axle ever gives you problem upgrades it to a 6 lug or 8 lug. You will over load that axle easily as that is a beast of a trailer frame.
You beat me to it...I bet that thing weighs close to 1700lbs or so. What's the axle rating Steve? What's the tongue rating and your truck? Definitely things to consider

Cdlong27

LawnSite Member
I have a Gatormade dealer a mile from my house and the manager is my neighbor. He has told me to never put a side gate on anything less than 16 ft. as to not compromise integrity of frame. I know there are some manufacturers our there that do, but he recommended against it, especially if you are worried about loading down with mulch/sod.

Top Forums