Decisions, Looking for a new mower & trailer

OP
Steve

Steve

LawnSite Bronze Member
He said the trailer weighs 1300lbs and it can hold 2200 lbs. I think my truck has a 600lbs tongue weight.

I marked off in the garage where the wheels would stick out and where the car and trailer would be. It will be a tight squeeze, I'm talking inches on either side of trailer if the car is in the garage when I leave or get home. I wouldn't have space for a work bench and I would have 1' depth wise. I'm wondering if it would even be worth the hassle or just get a 6x12 tandem.

13Razorbackfan

LawnSite Silver Member
He said the trailer weighs 1300lbs and it can hold 2200 lbs. I think my truck has a 600lbs tongue weight.

I marked off in the garage where the wheels would stick out and where the car and trailer would be. It will be a tight squeeze, I'm talking inches on either side of trailer if the car is in the garage when I leave or get home. I wouldn't have space for a work bench and I would have 1' depth wise. I'm wondering if it would even be worth the hassle or just get a 6x12 tandem.
Keep in mind when you measure the garage measure the entrance to the garage not wall to wall when measuring for width. So it's a single 3500lb axle which means you have roughly room for one good size ZTR, walk behind and push mower. Honestly Steve I would look for a tandem 3500lb axle trailer because it will ride smoother, helps keep trailer from losing control in general especially if you get a blow out and you will be able to haul more weight. I do like the side gate as that's what I have on my 18' and man I use the heck out of it!

OP
Steve

Steve

LawnSite Bronze Member
Sounds like the house is holding your biz back. Time for a farm.
LOL!!! I just closed on the house a month ago!!!!!
Keep in mind when you measure the garage measure the entrance to the garage not wall to wall when measuring for width
For width I measured about 2 inches from the garage opening and then marked it with paint on the other side and had the wife stand with a board on the mark. For length I just did total length from wall to couple inches from door. Like I said I think I will just get a smaller tandem. Now to continue mowers research and get the best bang for a buck. :confused:

Top Forums