1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Deck and patio Lighting

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by NightScenes, Jan 21, 2006.

1. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Kingsland, Texas

I am trying to get a feel for how many hardscape contractors would sub out deck and patio lighting. Is this service something that you, as contractors would be interested in? I am a landscape lighting designer/installer and I also highlight decks and patios.

I am thinking about advertising this service to landscape and general contractors.

I post alot on the landscape lighting forum, but this forum might be best for this subject.

Please give me your opinions.

smaller deck.jpg

2. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Paul we do all our work in house, but I know alot of companies out there that don't. I think if you got your name in with a few contractors that were willing to push the work for you it could be a success. It's unbelievable how much lighting influences the landscape.

3. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Makes sense, Paul. I think lighting is becoming more mainstream, especially with hardscapes. I'm making an effort to get into it myself, but I'm sure many small outfits would just assume sub it out. I would think it would be worthwhile on your part.

4. NightScenes

Thanks for the replies, anyone else?

5. NightScenes

Yes, this is a bump. Anyone else wanting to chime in on this?