1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Deck Blowout with the Peco vac.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ealbertson, Nov 10, 2004.

1. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

leaves blow out the right front half of the deck. It isn't a tremendous amount but enough that I have to keep the right side of the deck towards the leaf area. I have the Peco vac on a 2001 72" Exmark Lazer Z. The motor on the Peco vac is 8 hp. I have used standard high lift blades, doubles with the high lifts on bottom and gators on top and now the meg-mo blades. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ed

2. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same problem with my Ultra Vac. I find that I have more blow out with the Gator Blades then the High Lifts.

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

what I've done before is to take the spacers that are on the top side of my blades off, and replace them with a few washers, to get the blades up in the deck a little further. I don't know if this will help you or not.

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Try low lift blades..... That's what we use and it makes a big difference. :waving:

5. J Hageman

J Hageman LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I have found that by slowing down your mower RPM , I can stop blow by in the right front of the deck. You may also lower your mower a 1/4 inch or so to help.