Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting in line on a freeway off ramp today I saw a guy in a lot looking like he was doing a blade change or under deck work. I only have a 52" W/B so i don"t know if what I thought I saw would even work on a rider.

It appeared to be a Exmark from what I could see.
It looked he had some type of "boom" like a engine hoist, light duty.

Was hooked to a rear triangled frame by pin or receiver to the mower.
Straight bar out of the mowers rear, another straight up and the third connecting the other two with a winch on it.
Seemed all were tube steel that fit in to each other for portability I'm guessing.

The boom extended over the mower to the deck front, pulley on the end and also at the back where it connected to the frame. Saw a double cable with hooks spread to each side of the deck.
Deck was up in the air and mower looked like it was riding a wheelie..Guy was at the truck as the ramp cleared and I was forced to take off.
I assume he just connected this thing quick and winched it up ?
Or I might have missed it being a engine hoist with legs on the ground but a guy cant haul one of them around. Almost positive this was a mod to the rear of the mower.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was just some set up I saw. I use a floor jack and get it up to put stands under mine.
Also have a 12V winch I can mount on my side gate while up and pull up the front.

What I saw was "not" a Mojak no one could haul one of those things around.
This was on the mower and a rear set up this guy must have fabricated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.