Deck Mounted Trimmer from 4M Inc.

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Michael J. Donovan, May 31, 2007.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Klean up the Spaghetti Factory of the hoses then we'll Talk.

2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

This is a joke, You can't have all that hosing exposed like that and the belt guards removed for obvious reasons come on guys.... I want to see a video of detailed trimming in action on a class A lawn. let me guess you don't have one.....

3. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

that thing looks way to involved. i wouldnt want all that crap on my mower. it looks like a high tech octopus

4. brianhanson37

brianhanson37 LawnSite Member

I could see this useful for people that mow along long fences or something that need trimming (I mean LONG) but I think for most household and commercial work, a handheld would still be best.

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

yeah, could you imagine catching a hose on a tree limb or something.:rolleyes: I saw that trimmer in St. Louis at the GIE several years back and it looks the same today. No changes in the hose clutter.

6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Most of those H- lines could be hard piped and form fitted why they have not done that well maybe they should answer that but I watched a video of this machine trimming around head stones in a cemetery on their website of all places. If I saw this take place at my family's plot I would have removed the man from the mower and taken him to the back of the shed for a old fashioned discussion about respect. But anyway the machine could be made better with all the wet lines form fitted where appropriate and a modified or custom guard put back over the belts for common sense. Concept is great but trimming nice lawns and bed edges? never happen.... not if you want to keep customers.

7. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i'll take the electric model before the hydro one. :laugh:

8. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Too rich for my blood!

9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Thats not safe way to many hydro lines