1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Deck Pics??

Discussion in 'Gizmow' started by John Gamba, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Jeff,

I have a specific question for you regarding the deck...
    The Gizmow deck does not run a discharge kicker/turbo baffle...
    The little kicker most mowers have at the rear of the discharge mouth.
    The Great Dane Chariot LX doesn't have one either but performs great.

However, if I remove mine on my Lesco, sometimes clippings will bridge across the rear of the opening. My opening has a taper like this / l. And the clippings catch at the top when the kicker is removed.

So what I'm getting at is that the Great Dane Gen II deck didn't do this and I'm wondering about rather the Gizmow does that?

Personally, I had a thought that lasted about 30 seconds before I cringed. That thought was, to do a little cutting and make that taper a bit steeper so the top of the opening is a bit wider and extends back more into the rear curve of the deck skirt, sorta as pictured here...

[​IMG]

I was thinking maybe a little shaving there might solve the bridging...
    I dunno.

2. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

I would like to see a gizmow dealer in maine so I could demo one

3. GIZMOW

GIZMOW LawnSite Member

Dear Corey1977,

Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, we have not created our distribution network any further north than Delaware. When we begin to develop this territory, I will notify you. If you would like more information, please feel free to visit our website or contact me at 1.866.463.2628.

Kindest regards,

Jeff Huncilman, President
    Gizmow Power Lawn Equipment