Deck Spindle Belts

djg

LawnSite Member
I've got a second hand Howard Price 360Z Zero turn 60" mower and am in need of a new Deck Spindle Belt. The Howard Price # is 20-014. The broken belts measures 5/8" wide and at least 141" long. The ends of the break aren't clean, so I can't get the exact measurement. I've seen belts for other mowers listed as 141.5", 142" or 142.5". I'm not sure which one would fit my mower. I've looking for an after market Kevlar High Performance belt in either Oregon, Gates or any other brand.

Any Howard Price owners out there?
Any Help??

Thanks

Dan

JoeRagMan

LawnSite Senior Member
I do not have the part number that you need but I can recommend going to a power transmission store like Applied Industrial Technology with your broken belt. They may be able to help you. Good luck.

BigFish

LawnSite Fanatic
Check out Vbeltsupply.com . If not listed, call them.
Really good people to deal with.

OP
D

djg

LawnSite Member
I do not have the part number that you need but I can recommend going to a power transmission store like Applied Industrial Technology with your broken belt. They may be able to help you. Good luck.
Thanks, I'll look them up.

OP
D

djg

LawnSite Member
Check out Vbeltsupply.com . If not listed, call them.
Really good people to deal with.
Coincidentally, I contacted VBelt earlier. They could not have a cross reference for Howard Price so not knowing the exact length, it would be a Cr@p shoot. The ends of the broken belt don't mate so I don't know if a piece broke off and the belt is actually longer than 141". I was trying to avoid a 1.5 hr drive to HP for a belt that will run around $80 (parts guy only works Tue/Thur and I won't find out until tomorrow).

I'm guessing the 141" would fit I was just hoping someone had the exact same model or had a cross ref #.

BigFish

LawnSite Fanatic
Any power transmission supply house should be able to hook you up.
If you GOOGLE it, ya should be able to get a fix on how to measure fer a V belt using rope as the belt, or mayhaps call Vbeltsupply again, they might could explain it.
I would let off the idler tension if ya use rope to measure

Oh well : http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/belts/howard_price_belts.asp
Poke around there, might could find the ol rope trick explained.