• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Deck will not lower on Lazer Z (with pictures)

ToroLandscaper

LawnSite Bronze Member
My Exmark Lazer Z deck will not go down all the way for some reason and just stops at a random place. I have attached a picture to show how the deck should be way lower, even if you jump or bounce on the deck it will not go down any. Also, some how I have managed to get the deck height (left to right) really screwed up:dizzy:. I have absolutely no clue what it is, I have not ran the mower in awhile just because I have been in school and it is not mowing season. Does anyone have any clue why the deck is not going down all the way? I have check under the deck and all the deck stuff and everything seems to be intact and the way it should be. I can figure out the deck pitch (left to right) but I am just stumped on why the deck will not go down.

ricky86

LawnSite Silver Member
If the 4 lift pivots are free and take grease (and they don't look like they do), remove the mower drive belt. Then remove the 5/8 bolts from the push bars behind the rear wheels. Those push bars (2) have to pivot freely on their respective pins.

betmr

LawnSite Bronze Member
This is dejavue, I can swear I saw that picture before and it created a lot of response, but now there is nothing here but three posts.

I must be dreaming, or someone slipped me something?

Jason Rose

LawnSite Fanatic
Yeah this thread was resolved. There was some bickering about what the problem was (look at the springs) but that's NOT the problem.... It was the pivot arm or some such thing that was seized up and wouldn't pivot all the way. He pulled the grease zerk and was able to lube it up and pull it apart.

Why all the posts were removed, I don't know.

betmr

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yeah this thread was resolved. There was some bickering about what the problem was (look at the springs) but that's NOT the problem.... It was the pivot arm or some such thing that was seized up and wouldn't pivot all the way. He pulled the grease zerk and was able to lube it up and pull it apart.

Why all the posts were removed, I don't know.
Yeah, I thought that was quite the mystery. All of a sudden the whole thread disappeared and then there was this one?????Go figure.