Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys do decks. I'd like to get some different style ideas from around the country. Here is our latest one. Just finished it last monday. I will post several pics because you can't get a good view from any one point.

Plant Building Property Window Stairs

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Looks great. From the last pic, it appears that you may have to install a railing (depending upon building code there). Now just sell a landscape plan to compliment the already detailed deck work. I for one truely appreciate all of the beveled post cuts, etc. It shows you took the extra time to make the job more finished.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just to answer a few of your questions. Generally our decks start at $8/ sq. ft. and go up as options are added. My father and I had approx. 60 hrs. a piece in construction along with 40 -50 of additional labor from helpers.
As far as railing on the lower portion, it doesn't have to have a rail. Also, there will be landscaping around the lower level. We were actually subbed the work through another LC who was not able to do decks.
As far as lining the planters(potties), they are open on the bottom and will have planted pots placed in them.

I greatly appreciate all of the positive comments. I was wondering if any of you offer this service. Or had any comments on how to improve on our style of decks we build. Granted, this is a large one for us but it's not the biggest we've done. Any suggestions on how to improve our work would be appreciated.

thanks
SSouth

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.