Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14,016 Posts
How old is the system? When did it last run normal - or as close to normal as possible? Any other major things that may have caused a problem? Lightning. Vandalism. Construction. Utilities/fiber optics installed/bored.

Are the valves not shutting off due to the controller? Or stuck solenoids? Debris in water supply maybe? There are a lot of variables that we cannot see from the interwebs. :) I know you are more asking for a place to get info on this, which most of us can't help you with, but i'm just trying to find possible reasons/solutions for the problem.

When they don't turn on, are you getting power to the valve? Or are they having mechanical problems with the valves? What kind of valve? I know.... too many questions, huh? ;)

· Registered
14,016 Posts
Thanks for the interest.
The irrigation supply company was able to get some help from Toro
and about a week ago a bunch of guys came out and replaced all the
old 4 station decoders with (1) 1 station and (1) 2 station decoder. (We have 3 zones per lot). They also replaced some of the original prototype decoders. The new decoders are "ISP"--I think that's internal surge protection. So far, so good--I've got my fingers crossed still, but the system has performed flawlessly ever since. The Toro rep said there were compatibility issues with the old decoders and the controller and that they had to go through the same process on several sites. To say the least, everyone is relieved. It is as if they waved a magic wand!!!
Good to see Toro stepped up to the plate. I now think of them as slightly higher than pond scum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.