1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Deere 994r has arrived

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by arl250, Jan 16, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    arl250

arl250 LawnSite Bronze Member

This one falls below the 25hp rating so it has no emissions which is another good thing... all that bull crap is why my last truck I bought was gas. And all my equipment is diesel except the mowers I have currently

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Well, to be accurate, it is tier 4 compliant, so has to have some features to meet that requirement, but it doesn't require DEF, or any other exhaust features like engines above 25HP.

UpNorthMowing likes this.
  3. tundraman

tundraman LawnSite Bronze Member

Obviously then the 997 is a total waste. It all depends on what you are mowing. I could use a 997 for 34 horse is not enough at times for me. A Turf Tiger with EFI 37 Briggs would mow circles around the 994 for 5k less. The 994 just doesn't fit the marketplace but I love the diesel Yanmar on the 997.

4. tundraman

tundraman LawnSite Bronze Member

The new types of diesel that run def are great motors but are expensive to run because of the cost of diesel versus gas. Regen hurts their mileage,
    but 925 lbs of torque are great and they are very quiet. Of course, you add another 8k to the price of the truck too.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Waiting on torque numbers...

6. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I thought there were always about that price ... at least in the last 6-10 years

7. OP
    OP
    arl250

arl250 LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought the 23hp carb version mt 23 or whatever it is they call it now for 11k just two years ago now same exact mower is 13 something and 26efi I believe is all over 15k

8. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

yea....we use the 23 carb version....just haggle with them, bet you can get some off of that

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

tpendagast and I had this discussion in another thread...the HP wars in mowers is just stupid. I can remember running a Toro Groundsmaster 72" with 20 HP...never ran out of power.

Had a Toro 4000D 11' batwing, all decks had hydraulic driven blades, full time 4WD...55 HP.

And someone needs 37 HP for a 60" deck? Or 72" On a Z?

Surekwhatever...

UpNorthMowing likes this.
  10. Exmark fan

Exmark fan LawnSite Senior Member

What thread was that? i would like to read it.