Deere 994r has arrived

MNLawns

LawnSite Bronze Member
Well, to be accurate, it is tier 4 compliant, so has to have some features to meet that requirement, but it doesn't require DEF, or any other exhaust features like engines above 25HP.
DEF is only on 75hp +

OP
arl250

arl250

LawnSite Bronze Member
Anyone got any more updates on the 994r? I’m considering getting a demo from my dealer to try out just haven’t had a chance. Now that the season is in full swing just wondering how they were working out

40acres76

LawnSite Member
Anyone got any more updates on the 994r? I’m considering getting a demo from my dealer to try out just haven’t had a chance. Now that the season is in full swing just wondering how they were working out
I am loving mine and the more I use it the better I like it. The engine is smooth and relatively quiet (IMO) and it’s been very good on fuel. I’ve cut in a variety of conditions already and it’s handled wet grass well, cut through tall, thick grass without any strain at all. The suspension seat makes it ride great. Hope you get a chance to demo one and see what you think about it.

OP
arl250

arl250

LawnSite Bronze Member
I am loving mine and the more I use it the better I like it. The engine is smooth and relatively quiet (IMO) and it’s been very good on fuel. I’ve cut in a variety of conditions already and it’s handled wet grass well, cut through tall, thick grass without any strain at all. The suspension seat makes it ride great. Hope you get a chance to demo one and see what you think about it.
I was curious about the cut quality because I noticed online the blade tip speed is 2000 lower than a gas model. I assume it’s because of the lower engine rpm but was curious if that makes a difference when mowing

40acres76

LawnSite Member
I was curious about the cut quality because I noticed online the blade tip speed is 2000 lower than a gas model. I assume it’s because of the lower engine rpm but was curious if that makes a difference when mowing
I’m really pleased with the cut quality as well as the way it disperses the clippings. I don’t have a gas model to compare it to as I was using a JD rear finishing mower on a compact tractor until I got the 994R. It would be good to hear from someone who has run both the gas and diesel models for a good comparison.

Gotamow

LawnSite Member
Hello, I am about to pull the trigger to purchase a Z994R and would like to know if you are still satisfied with your's, and if any problems since last year.

CGros31

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hello, I am about to pull the trigger to purchase a Z994R and would like to know if you are still satisfied with your's, and if any problems since last year.
I have about 225 hours on mine so far with not one issue. I absolutely love my 994r, and I’d even say I love it more than my 997r. Smooth as silk and a fuel sipper. You will not regret purchasing one.

Gotamow

LawnSite Member
I have about 225 hours on mine so far with not one issue. I absolutely love my 994r, and I’d even say I love it more than my 997r. Smooth as silk and a fuel sipper. You will not regret purchasing one.
That's good to hear. Not sure I need a diesel but got a really good price new and it will be used to mow 8 acre property and probably some family propety as well.

OP
arl250

arl250

LawnSite Bronze Member
How is it on hillsides? I have a 955m and that’s my biggest complaint with it. It’s not that great on a hill. Just wondering if a diesel would be better or worse

Top Forums