1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Deere 994r has arrived

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by arl250, Jan 16, 2019.

1. MNLawns

MNLawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from MN

DEF is only on 75hp +

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

That's why my post is worded and punctuated like it is. If you re-read it, you'll see that I think.

3. OP
    OP
    arl250

arl250 LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone got any more updates on the 994r? I’m considering getting a demo from my dealer to try out just haven’t had a chance. Now that the season is in full swing just wondering how they were working out

CGros31 likes this.
  4. 40acres76

40acres76 LawnSite Member

I am loving mine and the more I use it the better I like it. The engine is smooth and relatively quiet (IMO) and it’s been very good on fuel. I’ve cut in a variety of conditions already and it’s handled wet grass well, cut through tall, thick grass without any strain at all. The suspension seat makes it ride great. Hope you get a chance to demo one and see what you think about it.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    arl250

arl250 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was curious about the cut quality because I noticed online the blade tip speed is 2000 lower than a gas model. I assume it’s because of the lower engine rpm but was curious if that makes a difference when mowing

6. 40acres76

40acres76 LawnSite Member

I’m really pleased with the cut quality as well as the way it disperses the clippings. I don’t have a gas model to compare it to as I was using a JD rear finishing mower on a compact tractor until I got the 994R. It would be good to hear from someone who has run both the gas and diesel models for a good comparison.