Deere 994r has arrived

CGros31

LawnSite Bronze Member
How is it on hillsides? I have a 955m and that’s my biggest complaint with it. It’s not that great on a hill. Just wondering if a diesel would be better or worse
I am in South Louisiana where the ground is completely flat, however, I do cut one yard that is next to a bayou. It is sloped pretty good but I don’t have any issues with it. I do run AT 101 tires and they help with traction on hills.

Brucey

LawnSite Senior Member
That's good to hear. Not sure I need a diesel but got a really good price new and it will be used to mow 8 acre property and probably some family propety as well.
I started mowing a 4 acre job the other day with mine, old horse pasture, first opportunity to really open her up for long stretches. No problems with a beautiful cut even at full sticks, ground was smooth for 3/4ths of the property, the other section was rougher and had to slow a little but with the tweels and suspension seat I'd hit bumps that would have had my head smack into the rops if it wasn't for the seatbelt holding me in, and absolutely no issues with soreness in the back etc.

1588328531415_20200429_194908.jpg

Brucey

LawnSite Senior Member
Just ticked over 80 hours, ordered the following parts for transmission service (manual specifies 300 hours for break in change but I'm going early)

MIA881446 filter kit*2 -$40.52 each
TY22062 Hy-Gard 2.5 gallons -$36.78

I'd like to use the fully synthetic Mobil V-twin 20W50 instead of the Hy-Gard but for warranty purposes I'll stick with the JD stuff. I already have a bottle of royal purple 80w90 gl5 gear oil which I will use in the gearbox, also an early change.

Also ordered a deck belt to have spare in the truck - TCU39429 - $170.75

Brucey

LawnSite Senior Member
Replaced the coolant tank (which comes with the cap, inside pipe and retainer clip -CH12866) It's leaked a tiny amount since I bought it, and didn't want to waste downtime taking it into dealer for warranty replacement. $22.90.

Next week going to drain the coolant and refill with Coolgard II (schedule says 2 years/2000 hours, and if replacing with Coolgard II the interval goes to 6 years/6000 hours). So the factory fill must be something else that's cheaper?

IMG_20200705_202610064.jpg

IMG_20200705_203540774.jpg