1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Deere vs Scag

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Jimmy Bell, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Jimmy Bell

Jimmy Bell LawnSite Member

I'm looking at a Scag Tiger Cub, 19HP w/48" deck for $5,995.00 vs a Deere 727, 23HP w/54" deck for $6,995.00. Dealers are both very good and close by. Other than the HP and 6" on the deck - I can't see 1K more in the Deere. After reading tons of stuff on both from their company web sites - I'm convinced the Scag is a better machine. I cut 4 acres of grass and may cut another yard for an elderly neighbor (at least 4 acres!) this year. I've wanted a Z for a long time and I want to be sure I get a "keeper" I respect ya'lls opinion - so let me know what you think. Thanks

2. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Look at a scag of same size and hp, then compare, and demo both.Between the 2, I prefer scag,but not a little one.;)

3. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

scag, there really isn't any comparison. "simply the best"

4. Mackado

Mackado LawnSite Member

:blob4: What you need is Exmark Lazer Z they are the best. I bought mine last year and love it. It took me 4hrs to mow my yard and now it takes 90 minutes and looks so smooth.
    Paul