Deere Z9 baggers

Quackaddict

LawnSite Member
Anyone seen and preferably had any first hand experience with Deere's new rear mounted powerflow and bagger setup? Ive seen a few pictures and of course Deere says its the cats rear end but we all know how that goes....

Looking to see how hard it is to put on and take off, durability, and weather it has significant blowout.

Thanks!

Stanton Lawn Services

LawnSite Member
I got one on my ZTrak a few weeks ago. The belt is super tight and after 2 hours of fighting it I found out you can push the blower in past the point where it’s held in by the spring pin and the belt goes on easy then. Just have to pop it out with a come along tied to something heavy

Attachments

Laner

LawnSite Senior Member
I am looking for some additional information on the new baggers for the Z9s also. I have the older version 3-bag unit, which works well. Time for mower upgrade again and wondering about going with the DFS units (9 bu), but they are smaller than the current 3-bag unit (13 bu). What is the distance from the ground to the bottom of the dump hopper? Overall length of complete machine with DFS on it. Need to know this info for our trailer setup. Any help is appreciated.

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
I got one on my ZTrak a few weeks ago. The belt is super tight and after 2 hours of fighting it I found out you can push the blower in past the point where it’s held in by the spring pin and the belt goes on easy then. Just have to pop it out with a come along tied to something heavy
This sounds like a lot more complicated than the old system I've had since 2013, it's the DFS version