Defendor

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Zach Tuley, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Zach Tuley

Zach Tuley LawnSite Member

Has anyone used a Defendor in a backpack sprayer? If so, did you spot treat or spray wall to wall? I won't have my Z spray until the spring but would still like to use Defendor when it cools down this fall. My question is, if it can be effective in a back pack? My sales rep was concerned about it being too sensitive for a backpack sprayer because you can't get the even coverage you can from a broadcast application on a Z spray. Any advice?

2. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

From what I know Defender is applied early early spring along with Dimension. What are you going to use it for and where are you located?

3. Zach Tuley

Located in the Midwest. Defendor is best when Temps are below 60 degrees from what my sales rep has told me. It's great for the spring application with Dimension, but is also a good fall post-emergent when the temperatures drop.

4. FdLLawnMan

It is way to expensive for me. I have used both CoolPower and amine 3-ways in the fall. This year I will be using the Quali-Pro 3D all fall. I used it last year and it works great. In the fall you do not need to use an expensive herbicide.

5. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

Either your equipment or traitrai is off if you cannot get even coverage with a backpack. Get a cf valve to help with keeping a good pressure with a pump up. Or go with a electric bp that keeps constant pressure.

As far a defendor I've only read about it. Seems most use it early spring. Fall a common 3way usually does wonders. Might be a little slow but always seems to work.

6. Zach Tuley

you had good luck with the Quali-Pro? I have a bunch of 4 score left, it didn't work the greatest for me, but i applied it at the beginning of summer so kind of late. would you expect it to be better this fall?

7. FdLLawnMan

I went to the Quasi-Pro website and I could not find a 4 Score herbicide. Are you sure they are the ones who made it? Quali-Pro makes some pretty good generic products.

That Guy Gary likes this.
  8. Steven Harnois

Steven Harnois LawnSite Member

If memory serves me right 4score is a lesco product.

9. Zach Tuley

No it’s lesco, i just mean in general do you like it.

10. jeff@earthscapes

jeff@earthscapes LawnSite Member

What do you spray the 3 D out of?