• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Define Commercial Lawn Care

rodfather

LawnSite Fanatic
90% of my business is mostly large residential (1 - 15 acres). We also do a couple of polo fields too every 5 days that are 11 acres each....not a bunch of commercial though.

locutus

LawnSite Bronze Member
Upper middle-class residentials for me . Dropped my two high-end residentials. They couldn't be convinced that full service was the way to go. As a result, their lawns progressively looked worse and worse. I just couldn't stand doing these lawns anymore. Felt it was a reflection on my work, which it was not. It may have been a reflection on my sales ability though.

SUPERIOR Lawn Design

LawnSite Member
90% middle / upper middle class residential and 10% commercial... I want to increase my commercial props though...

dreisman

LawnSite Member
65% commercial 35% residential. Commercial is the way to go. They want contracts. It guarentees you payment for 8 months. Residentials bulk at contracts, at least mine do. Also less complaints

SherrillsfordLS

LawnSite Member
60% commercial and 40% residential. I rather do high-end residential. To much competition bidding for the commerical jobs and the high-end residential customers will be more loyal to you for fair pricing and good work.

Five Star Lawn Care LLC

LawnSite Bronze Member
we do about 65 residental homes and about 20 commercial accounts.

but when i acctually look at what each division makes as far a sales the percentages are as follows 80% commercial - 20% residental.

one of those commercial jobs made up 18% of our sales for 2003