• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

DEK and Stanley mowers, Northern tool, hydro,floating deck...

Jason Rose

LawnSite Fanatic
With all the brands out there, I've never heard of these, well stanley as a brand, yes, but not as a mower....

No, I'm really not all that interested in these, but they are intreguing. Floating deck (pin height adjusters just like the big boys) and hydro drive and no pistol grips...

The 54" http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200418168_200418168

The 36" DEK. http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200389622_200389622

You can zoom in and look at the build more closely. They look pretty sketchy up close. Chinese built? Probably, they don't say... The controls look a little like a T-Bar. Certinaly fancier than a bradley/redhawk for someone looking for a back-up machine and isn't going to part with $7,000 for an exmark.

touhey33

LawnSite Senior Member
that thing looks like Sh$#%#. Also seems over priced, I can get the new Snapper SW30 which is the same as the Ferris Comfort Control pretty much starting at 4599.

rcslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
You will hate them, and the controls might look the same, but are inferior to the real commercial mowers. Id buy a good brand with hundreds of hours before I bought a new one like that!

OP
Jason Rose

Jason Rose

LawnSite Fanatic
Like I said, I wasn't BUYING one, justcurious to see what the opinion was... It didn't suprise me, lol.

I agree, when it comes to POWER EQUIPMENT it's must better to stick to name brands. They may cost more but you are paying for proper engineering of the machine. Just because it LOOKS like a mower dosn't mean squat. Same can be said for pretty much anything. I've had good luck with "generic" tools sometimes, but you have to be able to know the difference between junk, something that works, and quality.

rcslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
Like I said, I wasn't BUYING one, justcurious to see what the opinion was... It didn't suprise me, lol.

I agree, when it comes to POWER EQUIPMENT it's must better to stick to name brands. They may cost more but you are paying for proper engineering of the machine. Just because it LOOKS like a mower dosn't mean squat. Same can be said for pretty much anything. I've had good luck with "generic" tools sometimes, but you have to be able to know the difference between junk, something that works, and quality.
Hit it right on the head!!

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
Let me just add that the United States commercial mower market is under attack from Chinese commie junk. It started with the Black Rock/Buyers Gold mowers and all of the resulting brands. Then we saw the World Lawn commie crap. Now it's DEK. If we don't stop this we will surely loose one of the few industries left in this country. It is not okay to buy one just as a backup. Do not be a part of the problem.

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
i agree, we should all gang up on these supposedly american distributors and question them and school them on what the hell they are doing trying to push this cheap crap upon our nation, and ruining it all at once. is a quick buck all they care about? pathetic.

so rallying call, who will join me in the confrontaion of these commie supporting idiots and give them some hell.!??