Delivery trucks may have damaged house

OP
M

Mitty87

LawnSite Gold Member
Yea I don't want to do a trade, I also don't want to piss off the bin company or get someone in trouble if it wasn't them. I made a post awhile ago about increasing bin costs, it must have been a new office person because I am getting these 12 yard bins dropped and picked up, full of sod or dirt/gravel for $200 CAD now.

I had to replace a hardy plank, 12 foot, on a house last year from excavator damage. That was $100 labour. I imagine this one will be a few hundred at least plus the 2 boards (maybe $50) and painting, probably $500 minimum.

The bin company is big for my area, maybe 75 employees, civil construction, 2 recycling sites, makes soil and compost etc. They can afford it. We spent maybe 75k a year there so I imagine it would still be worth it for them to make good on this.

OP
M

Mitty87

LawnSite Gold Member
So I decided not to say anything yet, but I had another delivery from this company today. It was a guy in his 60s maybe 70s dropping a bin off, not the one who possibly damaged the house. Anyway he got out of the truck and I was in his blind spot, he stepped down and I grabbed the back of his neck and slammed him into the dirt, held him by the hair and basically told him he will go back to the office and talk to his boss and make it right. Held on to his wallet and a few hundred cash for the time being. I said don’t put this on me, it’s your buddies fault.

I didn’t actually do that, but I did talk to one of their drivers today on a different job and he thinks it was likely them. The home owner also had dated pictures from 2 weeks ago of the painters working on that corner and it looks fine. I just emailed the company and explained the situation, asked if they will look into it soon.

A93062A3-5C96-41A8-991B-8C0DDC8BD419.jpeg

Top Forums