Demo Review on Ditch Witch SK800 vs Vermeer S925TX

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by brichter14, Oct 28, 2017.

1. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah but when you throw it in on financing it’s peanuts. I think it was 700 bucks

2. rckymtnlandscape

rckymtnlandscape LawnSite Member

Fair enough, I guess I was looking at buying it after the fact not with the initial purchase.

3. Brian Leslie

Brian Leslie LawnSite Member

Greaseable joints is ideal for me over the urethane bushings of the DW
    Quick attach to attachments worked a lot better. The ditch witch kept missing the holes

Hey. Great informative video. I like both these machines. Leaning towards the Vermeer though. I am curious, did you ever find out the down time needed & cost associated with changing out the urethane bushings on the Ditch Witch. Seems like an unnecessary expense and effort to do every 300 hours, if that's the interval.

4. rckymtnlandscape

rckymtnlandscape LawnSite Member

Curious where the 300 hour bushing change was found, my manual says nothing about it and when I called DW, they said no major maintenance needed outside of the manual.

Only time I’ve had an issue with attaching implements is when the attach plate is covered in frozen mud or ice, but I think you’ll have that with any machine..

ious

5. brichter14

I think I read that on here somewhere, must be wrong! Thats fine by me. The guys in the comments said they have 3000 hours on a set of bushings...

6. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

How’s the new machine working out for you?

7. brichter14

I haven’t used it much to be honest. I have 14 hours on it right now. I used it to put a new flatbed on my f550 and it lifted a 1200 lb flatbed pretty easy but we will put some use on it come spring.