1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Demo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rvsuper, Sep 21, 2002.

1. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Hey everybody!
    I am going to sell my JD F-725 and get a ZTR. I'm looking at an eXmark, scag, or toro. Since I have never demoed a machine, before, how long do you generally get it and does it cost you anything?
    Thanks

2. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on your Dealer how long you can keep them. Some dealers only let you keep them for a day two at the most. My dealer ( Exmark) is the best. I kept it for a week.

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

this iis not criticism ,just an observation.
    how in the world do these dealers afford to let an lco demo one an do his wk for a couple o day. the value of the machine ,got to take a big hit ,after that.
    now in the case of lg. outfits with a potential for multiple purchases,i can understand it.

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Like they said it depends on the dealet.. I demod a Toro Z and they let me take it for a day and use it on some of my customers lawns. My local Walker dealer met me at a lawn and let me use it under thier supervision. Make sure however long you get it that you use it on some of your customers lawns. It makes a difference when you can see how it performs. Good Luck

5. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i let people demo my machines all the time, in fact i just picked up a Chopper demo today, and made 2 sales!!

the guy and his neighbor ordered some.

i guess it would depend on your location, person and gut feeling!

i'm in small town iowa, 95% of my mower sales are homeowners and farmers. they sign an agreement and try it out.

RVLI.....have you tried Hustler, Walker, Blade Runner or Chopper???

if not, drop me a line....