1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Descriptive or straight forward?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by schunklawn, Dec 23, 2007.

1. schunklawn

schunklawn LawnSite Member

hey guys, just wondering which you prefer and for what reasons. I'm putting together a couple different flyers for spring and i am wondering if it is better to be short and sweet with it or to elaborate a little more with the wording and such. i am usually on the more straight forward side, but i am considering being more wordy with my lawn care flyer since that is what i currently specialize in. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

No Bunk Lawn Care

2. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I would go with short and sweet, but catchy. The more you put on a flyer, the less anyone will want to actually read the whole thing.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

short and to the point, don't outsmart yourself my attitude.

4. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with Short and sweet. i know I wouldn't read a long one, just toss it out

5. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Never found that extra wording helped much at all - just the basics.

And short paragraph or two.

Look at some good ads in papers and magazines.

6. schunklawn

sounds good. I think based off of your guys' responses i will keep them similar to the style i have used in the past. i'm lookin for a good bold one liner that i can use for the headliner of the flyer. any new thoughts or a previous method that worked would be great. My last years flyer was slightly too wordy. i'm gonna get 5,000 made up which is a decent amount, but i want them to atleast generate calls obviously.....thanks and happy holidays

No Bunk Lawn Care

7. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, stick one on my door. If I hire you, you'll know it was a really good flyer. :laugh:

8. schunklawn

lol...yea that would be the day...

No Bunk

9. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

To wordy and the people will just dismiss it.