1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Dethatcher caster wheels

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLCS, Feb 11, 2005.

1. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm in the process of building a tine dethatcher for a ztr. Does anybody know where I can get the type of caster wheel assemblies that JRCO and others use on their dethatchers. I'm sure I can get them from JRCO or John Deere but has anyone seen them in a parts catalog.

2. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

I was in a Harbor Freight Tool store today and they had about 6 different sizes of caster wheels. Go to harborfreight.com and do a search on caster.

George

3. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Get them off of the front of an old shopping cart. A lot of good parts on them babies...

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks, but the ones I'm talking about are the ones like JRCO puts on their dethatchers. You know, the kind that have the dog leg style yoke with them. I know they aren't special made for JRCO cause JD and others use that style caster wheels. I was going to just go through JRCO and get them but they want about $40 for the set, I know somewhere I can get them cheaper.