Dethatcher caster wheels

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLCS, Feb 11, 2005.

  1. DLCS

    DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member
    Messages: 4,386

    I'm in the process of building a tine dethatcher for a ztr. Does anybody know where I can get the type of caster wheel assemblies that JRCO and others use on their dethatchers. I'm sure I can get them from JRCO or John Deere but has anyone seen them in a parts catalog.
  2. justgeorge

    justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 353

    I was in a Harbor Freight Tool store today and they had about 6 different sizes of caster wheels. Go to and do a search on caster.

  3. jim dailey

    jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 614

    Get them off of the front of an old shopping cart. A lot of good parts on them babies...
  4. DLCS

    DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member
    Messages: 4,386

    Thanks, but the ones I'm talking about are the ones like JRCO puts on their dethatchers. You know, the kind that have the dog leg style yoke with them. I know they aren't special made for JRCO cause JD and others use that style caster wheels. I was going to just go through JRCO and get them but they want about $40 for the set, I know somewhere I can get them cheaper.

Share This Page