1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dethatcher Prices and Opinions??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by iclgs, Mar 19, 2003.

1. iclgs

iclgs LawnSite Member

Hey guys need to get a dethacther in the next week or so. Can you give me any advice on prices, makes, models etc. Have done a search but had no luck.

It would be going on a 48" scag walk

Your opinions would be appriciated

Aza

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

if your talking about the jrco dethatcher unit, you should expect to pay about $400 including the bracket.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I use the Bluebird model, then go over it with the Walker GHS deck with the front tine dethatching attachment.

MATT

4. iclgs

iclgs LawnSite Member

Matt do you ahve a website link that i could take a look at these products??

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have a JRCO Dethatcher (60" model) on the front of my 61" Ferris. I love it for spring clean-ups too.

Can email me at rspronck@aol.com if you have any questions.

7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

You got it Matt. Do the same thing here. Love a walker come cleanup time. :cool:

8. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a JRCO dethatcher last year for my walk behind. Works real nice for spring clean-ups. You just have to go over the lawn a couple of times, one north+south, and one east+west.

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Included is a pic of the Bluebird "comber" (as they call it) and a link to the website. The unit will run around $1350 new and I think that is with the optional Honda engine. You can get it with the B&S engine. I won't include a pic of the Walker tine rake, since you will be using a Scag you will want to go with the Jrco unit. I started to use this method late last year. The lady came out and was so happy with the looks of her lawn I thought she was going to start loving on me. I personally don't push dethatching much (but will advertise it), but if someone wants it done, I will do it. Another wards, most don't need it, but just have it set in their minds that they want it.
    http://www.bluebirdintl.com/products/combers/c18.html
    Good luck
    MATT

lawn_comber_c18_1[1].gif

10. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Just got mine for 36 great dane ran me about $420