1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dethatching prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Here's one that has not gotten beat to death.

What do you charge?

Me $20 per 1000 sq/ft include picking it up.

Haul way is extra.

2. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

I wish I could say I received the same. My customers(residential) would insist that I remove myself from their property at that rate. I get double what I charge to mow,edge,st,& blow. 1 pass w/ deck set at 3". I collect and bag it, no haul off, using a Walker 42" deck and Walker thatch rake.

3. Let me reinterate a little more.

Lesco renovator with a flail reel, 22" at a time, then pick up with ZTR w/ peco vac on it.

4. About the same
    up to 2500 sq ft $60
    up to 3500 sq ft $75 (3,000+ sf is rare)
    with bluebird lawn comber w/flail blades & vacuum w/Billy Goat
    I don't haul away debris
    Time = .75 to 1.25 hrs

5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

This blew me away!!! Below is copied from www.lawnaerating.com 's website. From the rest of the site, I get the impression that most of thier lawns are in the 1 to 2 thousand sq..ft range (I could be wrong).

>Depending on the thickness of thatch and turf type, the cost for >our dethatching service ranges from $125 to $275 per 1000 >square feet.

6. Dang- I'm giving it away. Maybe I need to go 2X or 4X my prices. I'm using the same Bluebird he shows. Lets see... instead of $60 I charge $240 and loose 75% of what I've been doing.....hmmmm-
    Anyway, I've got a competitors flyer in front of me advertising $39 to do what I get $75 for and I still get more than my share. I was already thinking about a 20% increase on dethatching for next year, but now ????????

7. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

I just thatched a lawn last Thursday the 21st. 4000 sf @ $160 plus tax. Cost me $21 to rent the thatcher.