Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
the best way to see is with a micrometer ,a good blade should be even thickness at almost all points,other wise they heat unevenly and where out fast,especially segmented blades,i use Dixie almost exclusively, for the money i find nothing holds up better. the height of the abrasive area also makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
How do you know if you're getting a good one? Is there a scale........like sandpaper.......200 grit, 400 grit etc.
Typically blades are rated on a scale of one diamond, or 2, 3, and 4 for the premium blades. Price is a good indication also of how good a blade is. Check for rpm operation also. Quick cuts need a faster turning blade, table saws get away with lower rpm blades. do.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
core cut diamond are very good!!

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
Todd,

what will the blade(s) be used for?

For pavers and wall block we get our blades from a company in FL called 'World Diamond Source'. The blades we buy from them are the 14-inch 'Turbo Segmented' blades. Delivered to my door they cost $225.00 which includes freight. 1 blade will last us at least 4 months. Keep in mind we do alotta cutting! Been buyin from them for at least 5 years now.

If you'd like their number shoot me a PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.