Did I get a good deal?

Mikegyver

LawnSite Bronze Member
I picked up a barely used Shindawa T242 from a customer for 5 $40.00 mows. He bought it like last year or the year before but can no longer use it due to some health issues. Is this a good deal? Its barely used. What have y'alls experiences been with the T242? I just figured for 200.00 I could not go wrong for a pretty close to new trimmer.

IMAG0243-1.jpg

OP
M

Mikegyver

LawnSite Bronze Member
That was a sweet deal would you like to sell it for $225
No lol...like it too much. Plus by time you pay shipping you could buy a new one. I really like the balance that it has...never had that in any other trimmer and trust me I have used a lot of them. Plus the speed feed is nice. Anyone else used the T242 or any other Shindawa stuff for a while? What are your general experiences with the brand and or the particular machine?
Thanks,
mike

Glenn Lawn Care

LawnSite Silver Member
I have used that trimmer before and absolutely loved it. Best trimmer out there in my opinion!! I have the LE242 Lawn edger now and love it as well.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Seems a good deal my friend. If it is good to you, it is probably good to a bunch of us as well.

rob7233

LawnSite Senior Member
I know thast these units have had a history of carb issues in the past. Let's hope Shindaiwa has got those issues resolved. Personally, I'm an old school Shindaiwa guy - T260, T230, T270 & T27 for trimmers. EB630 & 8510 for blowers. I plan on keeping those units around for a long time.
I also have a local source for non-ethanol gas to keep them trouble free.

OP
M

Mikegyver

LawnSite Bronze Member
That's definatley a good deal, forget the whole $40 mows. Think about the other propertys you can use that trimmer on and make triple back on it.
No..thats not the way to think. Its allocated over several years. You don't make triple back or anything. The $40 mows were just showing how much and how I paid for it. Its on a street I service already and takes us like half an hr so I did pretty good. Course its like our 3rd trimmer so I only picked it up because of the deal. We have been pretty happy with the other stuff we have.