Did I mess up my bid on this clean up?

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by Cedar Knoll Lawn Care, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Cedar Knoll Lawn Care

Cedar Knoll Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Looking back, I kind of agree with you lol

Charles likes this.
  2. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

I'm willing to bet the cheap price guy is just going to take his string trimmer to it all. Then dump mulch on top and call it a day.

3. Cedar Knoll Lawn Care

Probably

hort101 likes this.
  4. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

That was one of my first thoughts !

I had a local business ask about hedge trimming and weeding two foot tall weeds

Gave him a price someone else said half of my price
    I said noway for handpullin
    Went by the store next day mostly all weedwacker stubble:hammerhead::laughing::laughing:
    Have to compare apples to applesThumbs Uppayup

5. Jones Lawn

Jones Lawn LawnSite Member

Same type of deal for me today. Bid a 10 yard mulch job with tall weeds and no cut edge. $4000 and the guy said give me a price for weekly pulling weeds and mulch. It is the same job and it only gets worst. I don't know about some people. Best of luck to you! I just wanted to let you know its all over the place and not you or your pricing.

6. Cedar Knoll Lawn Care

I appreciate it!

7. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Silver Member

Couldn't pay me enough to hand weed more then a dozen weeds. I try my best to take on work that would keep my employees in a decent mood.

8. petscanning

petscanning LawnSite Senior Member

People sometimes have any clue what it cost for us to do business. $1200 mower $400 trimmer $300 blower trailer and so on. Lady wants me to mow her one acre and I tell her $90. She is like my old guy did it for $70 and last year that crew did it for $70. I’m like where are they and you said you weren’t happy with the last guy and he is a no show for 3 weeks. He under bid the job and ran for the hills when he realized how long it would take bc there is a lot of trim work. I say kick dirt old lady and don’t waste my time

9. Cedar Knoll Lawn Care

I totally agree, just dropped $350 on a new edge yesterday and I've got a mower in the shop getting $500 with of work done.

10. MNLawns

MNLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from MN

I wouldn't want to be weeding for a whole day... just me tho

Cedar Knoll Lawn Care likes this.