• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Did I quote a price too high?

EagleLandscape

LawnSite Platinum Member
One customer was "outraged" at my price, and I even went down to a $45.00 an hour install time so i could "be sure" and get this bid.

See attachment for bid...

I might say Phase 1 could have been a little steep, but there is alot of asian jasmine to dig through / trim down and alot of bed prep

mchale.jpg

jwholden

LawnSite Member
It annoys me when people try to take advantage of me. I like to see what happens with jobs like this. Often the job is either done poorly or not at all. You're never going to win them all and soon you'll realize you don't want to.

Looks pretty low for me also, i would increase the price of your plants for future refference. Thats where your main profit comes in.

DBLC

LawnSite Member
EXTEMELY LOW!!! Just on the Begonias you are 18 cheaper than I would have bid. Charge what you have too to make your profit and if you don't get the job MOVE ON!!! You can't loose money and make it! Hope this helps!!!

Meadowbrook

LawnSite Senior Member
Looks a lil' low to me also, don't worry about it if you didn't get it. But be sure to tell the customer that your prices are non-negotiable and if they still desire your service to give you a call.

Chris

OP
EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape

LawnSite Platinum Member
Ok, Thanks guys. For Phase 1 I had originally planned on 750.00 for the install. But I decided to cut it way down to guaruntee that job. But I'm glad I didnt get it, would have been a waste of time.