Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting today i believe, when i get an instant email notification it doesn't have what was posted! That's annoying! lol Is it going to change back to the old way?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sucks! Oh well...I guess I'll live!

·
Former Moderator
6,065 Posts
Thank you Jeff for that insight.
However, you would be wrong. I simply couldn't understand why this was set up this way because basically the way this was set up, the member didn't even have to visit the site to see the post.
Of course Lawnsite wants the members to keep checking in, with the post included in the email, they wouldn't have to do that.

·
Banned
3,594 Posts
If anyone responded to an email instead of posting on the site it would never be seen by anyone but me since the notification email is coming from my address....so, as Jodi said, that was not why the change was made.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In all honesty, I'm LESS likely to check back because I don't want to wait for the window to open to see what was said. The new way isn't anymore likely to get someone to post a new comment IMO or to check back. Is this true?...or am I just whiny?

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
PLM-1 said:
In all honesty, I'm LESS likely to check back because I don't want to wait for the window to open to see what was said. The new way isn't anymore likely to get someone to post a new comment IMO or to check back. Is this true?...or am I just whiny?
I agree 100%. I just will not bother to bring up the web to read only one reply.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
In really like being able to see what was said in the email, so many replies dont even pertain to the origanal thread. I dont see the need for email notifacation now, you will have to come to lawn site anyway. so why not do away email notifacation all together, save us the space on our inbox, or make it where you have to check for email notifacation and not have it where its auto on

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
My dad use to always say, if it isn't broke don't fix it. Another thing he taught me (he was a business man) was never make unnecessary changes that effect your customers unless you have to or it will benefit the customer. He said the number one thing that will make a happy customer unhappy is constant change.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Soupy said:
My dad use to always say, if it isn't broke don't fix it. Another thing he taught me (he was a business man) was never make unnecessary changes that effect your customers unless you have to or it will benefit the customer. He said the number one thing that will make a happy customer unhappy is constant change.
My grandfather used to say that! Excellent facts!

·
Banned
3,256 Posts
PLM-1 said:
In all honesty, I'm LESS likely to check back because I don't want to wait for the window to open to see what was said. The new way isn't anymore likely to get someone to post a new comment IMO or to check back.
Ditto! It's annoying to have to check in for EVERY notification. A big thumbs down for that move!!!!
:nono:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess I'm not a whiner! *whew*

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.