• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Did weed and feed burn lawn

bbpropmaint

LawnSite Member
Im in NY,and i am licensed.. it has been extrememly dry here and hot, temp some days in the mid 80s. i applied a weed and feed product containing 24d about three weeks ago and no rain yet.i applied product @ recommended rate,...... but like i said heat, no rain and product on the lawn and its starting to brown up pretty good, especially along edges of driveway..did i harm this lawn..what should i do????Is this happening to everyone????thanks guys i wish i had a local mentor, but lawn sites been very helpfull...

OP
B

bbpropmaint

LawnSite Member
it may be annual bluegrass but could the lawn suffer if it doesent rain soon???and the temp just keep increasing witht is product on the lawn..the lawn is not thick to start with

turf hokie

LawnSite Silver Member
More than likely some drought stress. We are seeing it down here on lawns that dont have irrigation on yet. Pretty unbelievable to be talking drought stress in mid May

lawnservice

LawnSite Senior Member
typically a weed control or even fertilizer, if it is gonna burn, you will notice within 24-48 hours following application.

indyturf

LawnSite Bronze Member
its getting very dry here too! but temps are supposed to drop tonight. I would ask the customer to water in the application.