1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Diesel Walkbehind does exist!! lol

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ketron'sLawnService, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Ketron'sLawnService

Ketron'sLawnService LawnSite Member

Well, i found it, a diesel walkbehind commercial mower! I am also in the import business. For winter months i work online selling imported goods. So i went to a board i normally go to find manufactures in china and searched for lawn mowers. TONS of companies have riding mowers, tractors, even bulldozers made in china. I did find one company that has basically copied a scag, bunton, lesco, etc....belt drive walk behind. It's a 14.5HP 48" deck with your choice of a gas or diesel motor, haha. Check it out here...Diesel Walk Behind . Now i know that everyone is just going to run out and have one shipped over from china, haha.....but.....a small diesel motor on walk behinds i think WILL eventually happen here the way fuel prices are going. Who knows, even a diesel trimmer? A backpack model with a flexible cable shaft??? I bet that already exists too, haha. Oh well, just thought i would show you guys what i found last night.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

A diesel trimmer is not possible, mainly cause that requires a few things that cannot be intergrated into a 2 stroke, yet. Jonsered made a diesel chainsaw, WAY back in the 50s, and it was weak as crap.

BTW, I like those chinese copies, even though I dont like chinese stuff in general. they dont look too bad to me.

5. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Wrong.
    2 stroke diesels have been around a long time.

6. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Detroit Diesel perfected the two stroke diesel engine years ago. All of the -71 series engines were/are two stroke design.

7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

The huge diesals in boats and trains are two stroke. Every 2 stroke diesal I have ever seen has been turbocharged.

8. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Prolly one of those cheapo jobs where they take a spark plug out, insert injector nozzle and add a injection pump. Seems odd to me, how they say 14.5 hp gas or diesel? Wouldnt the diesel be a different hp.

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

whats the price of the diesel model?