• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Diesel Z-cutters

T-Made

LawnSite Member
I run Toro Z's with Kubota Diesel. Excellent power , torque and fuel efficiency. A little too heavy in wet conditions or too big for small yards. If you have bigger properties--parks, estates, etc... where you mow for hours at a time the diesel mowers pay off. If your mainly residential I would stick with gas engines- less expensive up front and weighs less.

ramcat

LawnSite Member
john deere makes a great diesel model, the 997, i think it is the best selling diesel zero turn of all time if im not mistaken, but bad boy, scag, exmark, dixie chopper, hustler, walker, and ferris i know make them too

rcslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
Although those 900s are a different class from the 997, still, the JD diesel is a great contender with any other ZTr on the market, once the 900 is out for a year, the same will be said after the dissatisfaction from some of the 800s.

ALC-GregH

LawnSite Fanatic
Am I seeing that right? Jr's been a member for over 3 years and his first post is asking what the top names are in diesel ztr's.

DLCS

LawnSite Platinum Member
Am I seeing that right? Jr's been a member for over 3 years and his first post is asking what the top names are in diesel ztr's.

So, whats your point? Maybe he would rather read than talk about something he knows nothing about?