1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Dieseled!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gorrell, Mar 16, 2004.

1. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I've finally completed my diesel lineup. I started last summer by purchasing a 2001 DC xxwd2600-72. I liked it so well that last fall in purchased a low houred 2001 xxwd5000-72. It's a genuine beast! Last week I bought a 2002 xxwd5000-72, also quite low hours and in like new condition. In the next week or so I'll take delivery of my new 2004 xxwd5000-72 DC to complete my everyday lineup of DC diesels. I took the pump off the 26 hp diesel and had it tweaked to put out 30-31 hp and it made it like a new mower. We also jumped the rpms a tad and it now turns 3850 with blades engaged no load. All of these machines are equipped(or will be) with meg-mos. I expect to almost cut in half my fuel consumption from last year when for most of the season I only ran the one(26hp)diesel. Time to go to work..............Lynn

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Lots of luck with your" tuned" up diesel. Let us know how long it lasts. Dont you know excessive rpm will kill a diesel.

3. strayer1

strayer1 LawnSite Member

also when u *tweak* the fuel it uses more fuel .

4. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

the pump was "operated" on by a reputable diesel service. Also the rpms were only increased by a couple of hundred, well within yanmar limits. No worries................Lynn