• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Difference between Mini Z and Super Mini Z

Gizmo_019

LawnSite Member
I forgot to ask the dealer when I went the other day, but what is the difference bewteen the Mini Z and Super Mini Z. I know the Super goes faster and has a suspention seat but is that it? I know the Super is about $1,000 more than the regular Mini. If I went with just a Mini, could I get a suspention seat on it? Thx.

OP
G

Gizmo_019

LawnSite Member
Thx man. I personally cannot justify that $1,000 for the Super right now. I can live with the slower speed and not as big hydros and all. But the seat deal is getting to me. Can you get a suspention seat for a Mini?

mowerconsultant

LawnSite Fanatic
Yes you can purchase a suspension seat, it has a price of almost $500.00 though, and you would have to find a use for your old seat unless your dealer works something out for you.

Pj

OP
G

Gizmo_019

LawnSite Member
$500! I could almost buy a leather big truck air ride seat for that! When I demo, if the ride is that bad with a regular I might spend it though, it might not be, never know. Thx for your help Pj

Gautreaux's LNG

LawnSite Senior Member
If you're cutting lawns daily the seat will pay for itself in a hurry! It makes a HUGE difference in daily use.

If you try the Super MiniZ you'll buy it. Our SuperMiniZ is batting 100%. No one who's demoed the unit has bought anything else in our shop. I believe it's the best mower in my shop, and Hustler's not my only line. It's speed and smooth operation with the light weight make it unbelievable.

I used the Hustler's in my lawncare operation before I opened my shop so I speak with experience as a user.

OP
G

Gizmo_019

LawnSite Member
Gautreaux thx for the advise. I want to get back to the dealer this week, but I don't know if I will be able too, he told me he would probably have both a Mini and Super Mini for me to demo by the 22nd or 23rd. I mow pretty much every afternoon after school and put in about 5 to 12 hours on Saturdays depending on the week. Hope to cut my time with the Zturn and add about 5 accounts next year. So the susp. seat would probably be well worth it.