Different Business Cards For Different Areas Of Your Business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by R&H Tractor Services, Feb 13, 2018.

1. R&H Tractor Services

R&H Tractor Services LawnSite Member

Do you guys use different business cards for different divisions/areas of your business?

IE. One card for lawn care / landscaping
    One card for excavation and other services.

My primary business is in light excavation, brush hogging, forestry mulching, and gravel driveways. However this year we want to add on lawn care and landscaping to be able to reach more customers. IE upsell our other services.

Whats your opinions on this?

2. gardensnake

gardensnake LawnSite Member

If your primary business is light excavation and land clearing I think lawn mowing is a step in the wrong direction LOL most people move away from it onto better things.

One card with a big service list is better than two. Easier to hand one out. Handing two out to one customer may confuse them.

3. R&H Tractor Services

R&H Tractor Services LawnSite Member

While I agree it could be a step in the wrong direction, having accounts would increase exposure. I feel like having lawn care (this will be an employee, not me) will increase sales for my primary. As far as landscaping I feel once again I would be able up sell to these customers.

Once again these will be employees, not me. I'll focus on the primary business.

4. gardensnake

gardensnake LawnSite Member

I understand that. Whatever works best for your company. If you're taking that approach, selling to your existing excavation clients - I would definitely just add the service to your existing business card.

Its a good way to retain a long term client (by maintaining what you built) and earn some contract $$.

5. Rockbridge Lawn Care LLC

Rockbridge Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I think a one-all card is better, but I do see the advantages of pin pointing a business card tailored directly to a specific job type/aspect. I mean $10 expense gets you 500 cards....