1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Different Color.

Discussion in 'Gizmow' started by nathannc, Jan 26, 2007.

1. OP
    OP
    nathannc

nathannc LawnSite Senior Member

I don't want to beat a dead horse but, neither do I want to let the designers of the Gizmow off the hook for their color choice. Yes, I like green too as noted by another respondent. I really like Deere green. In other words, there are good greens and there are greens that are not so attractive. Tell me this; what other manufacturer's color have you had two people take the initiative to criticize the color? I wouldn't even worry with this except, I like the engineering of the Gizmow from what I can gather. I would like it to be a success as quickly as possible. I really like the idea using a car like steering wheel. But, I don't care how great your engineering is, it will not fully compensate for lack of style. It will undoubtedly hurt sales. A buying decision is not wholly objective based on dry facts. Looks are important and this should be obvious. Here is the bottom line. If the Gizmow is a success, and it stands a lot better chance with better styling, then we are all more likely to benefit. If you are not happy with the color, be honest, tell Jeff. I don’t know, maybe nothing can be done about it. However, I am sure he is primarily interested in making his company a success and would like to know if a poor color choice will hurt sales. Let's help give Gizmow every chance that it deserves.

2. OP
    OP
    nathannc

Sorry, accidently duplicated last post. Just erased.

3. GIZMOW

GIZMOW LawnSite Member

Dear Corey.

Our dealer network continues to expand. We signed two new distributors in the last month. But, unfortunately, the most northeastern state in our territory at this time is Delaware. If you would like more information on our dealer network, please feel free to contact me at 866.463.2628. I'll be happy to discuss the mower as well as our future plans for expansion.

Kindest regards,

4. GIZMOW

GIZMOW LawnSite Member

Dear Nathan,

Thank you for the constructive criticism and the kind words. I can't tell you how many times we have made improvements to our units that came from suggestions from guys like yourself. I'll address the color issue at our next dealer/distributor meeting.

Thank you for helping us get "every chance we deserve". Your comment is definitely worth one of our GIZMOW caps. Give me a call, or send me a private message with your address and I will send it next day air.

Thanks again,

Jeff

P.S. I once saw a Lamborghini that was the same color as our mower. I think they copied us!!! LOL

5. OP
    OP
    nathannc

And thank you Jeff for your kind response. I am delighted that you see the true purpose of my comments is to help make your great mower even better. I will certainly call about that cap!

6. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

Now I really feel like crap. Not only did you not get my original post on this subject two months ago, now someone else brings up the same exact subject and you go and offer him a hat.

Maybe I'll get offered one in two months.

7. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

that is a good point, as i monitor the gizmow thread just to see what people think of the mower, and sure enough, it was a while back you posted the same thing...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. Nes-Tech

Nes-Tech LawnSite Member

Arctic manufacturing is now distributing the mowers in Ontario. I am a Hustler and Wright dealer looking into possibly taking on the line. But, to be honest the clout is hanging me up a bit! I believe the mower is unique and has some great features (Steering wheel!!!!)... but that darn colour!

9. GIZMOW

GIZMOW LawnSite Member

Dear Nes-Tech,

I am sorry you are less than pleased with our color. Like our units and vision, we chose a unique look for our mowers. Hopefully, after a few minutes on the unit, you will be find the color to be less offensive. You will find them very easy to learn to use and tremendous hillsides. I look forward to hearing from you once you have had a demo. When you would like to discuss the units in detail, please feel free to contact me at 1.866.463.2628.

Kindest regards,

Jeff Huncilman, President
    Gizmow Power Lawn Equipment

10. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Just my .02 cents of thoughts. Any one who won't buy a machine because of the color, has a serious problem. I have been waiting to hear of a dealer in my area.