• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

different contracts for different customers?

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
do you change/modify your contract for pita factor? what if you got a new client who you really had a bad feeling about. would you change the terms of your standard contract to cover any problems this guy may give u?

OP
B

bobbygedd

LawnSite Fanatic
33 veiws, no replies, and i'm on the second page. now that's a first

TreffertLawnWrx

LawnSite Senior Member
Bobby, I'll help a brutha out. I dont use contracts! Ok, I know thats not what you wanted to hear but all of my previous costomers pre-pay and they love it! Any new customer, I present myself and my services and if they have any questions i hand the my "bread and butter". Its a list of customer who told me that they may be used as referrals. I tell them to please call and ask as many questions as they would like. If they havent written a check by the time I leave then I'll usually get a call that night telling me its in the mail.
This may sound like i'm tooting my own horn but i feel its the easiest, as long as remember to manage my money correctly.

Others that may not want to prepay I dont offer a 10% discount to. Before I tell them about the 10% I tell them the price for service, that way they dont think youre screwing them.

So after all that, no i dont use different contracts. lol

cush

LawnSite Senior Member
I always tailor my contracts to the prospective client. A good contract should protect both parties about equally. If you think they will be a PITA then make sure the contract makes them a little vulnerable.