Digital Marketing Sucess Story

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Ronald Stone, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Ronald Stone

Ronald Stone LawnSite Member

Don’t really know how else to say it. Didnt want to hire a digital marketing guy but my son talked me into it.

He was based in Oregon and said he specialized in helping landscapers with their digital marketing. When I asked why he said it was because he had worked as a landscaper for 4 years through college. I poked around a bit and he was familiar with drip and maintenance so I gave it a shot.

I wanted more lawn care clients so that is what I told him to target. He said he couldnt guarantee anything but felt like lawn care services was a good thing to target. so we did.

Brought in roughly 24 new clients for us in a month.

MMDecCampaignscrnsht.jpg

2. EverGrow Marketing

EverGrow Marketing Sponsor

That's awesome! Glad he's working out for you!

Is he running a Display or Retargeting campaign? That click-through-rate is awfully low (0.476%).

And as long as you're satisfied with a CPA (cost per acquisition) of $77.84 then keep it rollin'!

3. AlohaMowing

AlohaMowing LawnSite Member

Do I understand correctly that you paid $3,790 and in return got 24 new clients? I could not afford that kind of success.

4. EverGrow Marketing

From the context we have, we really don't know what those leads turned out to be. That's $77.84/lead.

Granted it's more than a HomeAdvisor lead, you've got to keep in mind the Lifetime Value of a customer.

You pay $77.84/ea for 51 leads and sell roughly half of those with 24 new clients. Your cost per client is now $157.92.

If these are weekly mowing clients or even fert program clients and they resulted in a positive ROI for the remainder of the season, then that's definitely a win.

If these were all larger landscaping jobs, then it's a huge win. The Lifetime Value just often gets overlooked when looking at your CPA.

But I definitely feel there is room for improvement on the ad campaign.

Mark Stark and hort101 like this.
  5. PKLIP

PKLIP LawnSite Member

I would monitor the campaign over the next few months and want to see that CPA ($157) drop steadily. $157 is a lot for a client, granted it all depends on the service. But for lawn care and mowing, IMHO that number should be closer to $50. I can't speak for your market though.

Is he running multiple versions of ads? If he is you should see the CTR increase as well.

hort101 likes this.
  6. PKLIP

PKLIP LawnSite Member

You should also look at the conversion rate- 331 clicks to 51 leads, which is about 15% which is pretty low. That could be a function of a poor site or landing page, or low keyword/ad relevance. Is the traffic going to your homepage of a landing page?

7. EverGrow Marketing

CPA in terms of campaign performance is actually $77 (51 leads).

The number of sales closed isn't a good metric to determine campaign performance

8. PKLIP

PKLIP LawnSite Member

Thanks

9. Eddieb18

Eddieb18 LawnSite Member

Who did you use for the work?

10. Charles Quinones

Charles Quinones LawnSite Member

That’s great! Is he working on your SEO too or just Adword campaigns?