Dimension vs Barricade

PJNTJ

LawnSite Member
My local John Deere Landscapes doesn't have the Dimension 0-0-7 that I want. He rambled off some 22-0-6 product with Dimension instead. I really don't want to put down any N right now.

Should I skip this and go with Barricade?
Barricade is always liquid correct?
Blanket spraying is a new concept for me, I've only done spots in the past.

humble1

LawnSite Silver Member
My local John Deere Landscapes doesn't have the Dimension 0-0-7 that I want. He rambled off some 22-0-6 product with Dimension instead. I really don't want to put down any N right now.

Should I skip this and go with Barricade?
Barricade is always liquid correct?
Blanket spraying is a new concept for me, I've only done spots in the past.
barricade aka prodamine will give you longer control but will also control some of the smaller broadleaf weeds like oxalis. i would not have any problem going down w/ the 22-0-6 right now. Most guys go down w 19-0-6 dimension up here, I am up by Newburyport MA your further south so probably a week ahead of us weather wise. If you do go out now w crabgrass control hit a second round because you wont have protection for late june, july.

OP
P

PJNTJ

LawnSite Member
awesome, thank you.

I did have a breakthrough of crabgrass last year, I was thinking split app all along with the dimension. Only reason why I don't want too much N is I was mowing twice a week last year at times and barely keeping up. Used the Lebanon Pro w/Mesa, forgot the specs off hand but it worked too good, just needed more dimension.